Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lent Half Time!

Lent is going pretty well, but super fast!

Our Lenten Cross is taking shape.  I am finding that I wish I had read through all the scripture the originator used, because I would make different choices.  If I can find the time, I will go through and try to edit it to make it flow more logically, and then post that to this blog.

That being said, we are all enjoying the scripture reading and drawing!

The Vine and Branches project is coming along really well.  Usually we sort of forget about it after a few weeks and the grape and leaf postings fall off.  This year we ran out of leaves and grapes at about the half way mark, and cutting more sort of restarted it in our minds. A definite win!!

A big part of Lent this year was getting ready for Klenda's Confirmation.  That went very well, and we have sort of left up her dove as a reminder.  I had planned to remove it last week, but now I'm thinking of leaving it up until Easter. Or maybe Holy Week.


Our walk with Jesus is going quickly!

We really only have one more week of Lent, and then it's Holy Week!


I haven't yet gotten our alms jar up and running, but it may not matter.  The kids have decided to contribute to Heifer again, and have mostly decided how much to give.

We recently moved from a cash based allowance system to a paper based one, and it makes putting money in jars harder.

Evidently, it doesn't make giving any harder: one Zoomlian decided to give about half his accumulated loot: $50.  Not bad, when you consider that they're getting a base allowance of $4 a week and they've already tithed on the savings!


The sacrifice beans are mounting up.

No comments: