Saturday, May 26, 2012

Random Scholarship


Or:  What I always Dreamed Home Schooling Would be Like."

But this actually happened this week.

"I think I'd like to do a research report on the history of chocolate, "Klenda told me.

Uh, OK.

"I'd just like to know more about it." She explained.

Well, we were going to the library anyway...

Then Mxyl thought he'd like to do one on swords.  And then it was the thing to be done.  Leena wanted dolphins, Zorg wanted to learn about Napoleon.  Napoleon has proved difficult (I know, I know, tell it to Lord Wellington!) so Zorg is now thinking about mummies.

My biggest surprise came when we got to the library:  Choclo came up to me with a stack of elephant books, followed closely by Oob with a stack of shark books!

Ah, the splendid powers of peer pressure.  I want to do The Age of Fighting Sail!  But I think I need to narrow it down a bit.


No comments: