Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring

Two weeks ago we had this.

And this week we had 90 degrees and this.

Crazy!

But very pretty.





And I'm enjoying the flowers while I can, since they will not last long in this heat.

On the other hand, I'm really, really enjoying the flowers!

These double white daffodils and hyacinths are in Zorg's garden.
 These tulips are in Klenda's garden, in front of a Mary statue.

 I love tulips!

And daffodils, I love all kinds of daffodils!

These were picked from all the kids' gardens in honor of the Feast of the Annunciation.



 I love these ones that Leena picked from her garden.  I like the shape of the perianth (the petals in the back) and ring on the trumpet (corona).  The cheery yellow with the bright orange eye really pops!
Best of all, my favorite daffodils have just started blooming: a pink trumpeted beauty called Fruit Cup.









No comments: