Monday, June 24, 2013

Angry Birds Day


We have a history of hacking the non educational obsession.  We've had a Transformers Day, a Pikmin Day (which I seem to have forgotten to blog about), and several Super Mario Days.

A few weeks back, I found some coloring and activity books with an angry Birds theme.  They were a buck each, and I thought, "Why not?" 

Then I ran across some Angry Birds fruit snacks.  And then some self inking Angry Birds stampers...

So, Angry Birds Day was last Friday!

The younger Zoomlians really enjoy playing the games on flat screens, but they spend far more time building "levels" with toys.

 We did a lot of building on Friday, but we also played Angry Birds, and Angry Birds Star Wars on I pods and Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds Space online.

Everyone dressed up as their favorite bird, and they carried hollowed out eggs around to protect them from piggies. In the games, the birds are angry because green pigs have stolen their eggs.

I was the piggy.  I made a little green snout for myself, and I woke them up making piggy noises! Angry Birds, time to fly!

I also copied Angry Birds activities, and gave them packets.  There were the usual word searches and mazes, but my favorite was this "draw yourself as an Angry Bird!"

Mxyl's was immediately recognizable!

I got my activity books at a local craft store, but there are plenty of online printable activities here and a crazy amount of educational Angry Birds stuff here.


No comments: