Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Painting Round 1

 Yesterday we moved all the furniture and painted the living room, dining room, front hall and stairs.  And changed the curtains. And put everything back!

And today we are tired.

You can see a before picture here.  I had thought we had last painted a year and a half to two years ago, so I was surprised to see the peach walls three years ago.


 But we are surrounded by clean fresh walls in a pale blue-green that feels summery.

To which the Emperor cautiously replied with the question: Does this mean you're going to do this all over again in September?

Of course not!  It's still hot here in September.

 I'm thinking October.


How did we do it all in one day?  The Zoomlians did a great deal of the work: moving, cleaning, taping, and  painting, including this Art Deco flourish going down the stairs.




 By the way, does anyone know why blogger is suddenly stretching all the vertical pictures into a horizontal format?


3 comments:

Tracy said...

You are my hero. We've been in this house for 11 years, and it's still mostly the color it started, which I don't like! It just seems like so much work, but you've inspired me. I need to get it done!

Wendy said...

Having kids old enough to move furniture really helps!

Annabelle said...

I like the color! Great job!