Friday, June 28, 2013

What If?

What if your earlier self, say "you" when you were graduating high school, could meet your current self?  What would be the single most surprising thing about you to your younger self?

For a long time, I thought the answer was obvious: I have 6 kids.  At the time I graduated, I wanted to be a nun.  Also, I thought having 6 kids made you crazy.

Now, however, there is something much more shocking going on:  I like math.



Me: You will find the quadratic formula fascinating.
Younger Me: I doubt it!

Me: You will find graphing conic sections amazing.
Younger Me: There's just NO way!

Me: You will thrilled to finally learn spherical trigonometry.
Younger Me: Whoa! In the future they have brain transplants?

So, what would your younger self be most surprised at?   Leave your answer in the comments, or, if you want to turn it into a meme, leave a link to your blog post in the comments.

No comments: