Sunday, October 24, 2010

Trials of Furno Part 3

Next thing I knew I was on my bike, heading for a basketball court .05 miles away.

There were reports of Meltdown in that sector, and I wanted the 1st crack at him.

I looked at the on-bike map: ‘Lat.5300 Lon.670.’ I was about a minute away

(That’s 60 seconds— does this rustbucket run on cheap batteries or what???).

Suddenly the ground exploded in front of me! I just had time to leap off my

bike before it exploded on contact with a… NUCLEAR TENTACLE???

Yup. Looks like I’ve just found my Meltdown. I skidded to a stop right in front of him.

Sure enough, he was at the basketball court. And he was mad. I wonder who he was

so steamed up about? “WHAT’S THIS? THEY SEND A ROOKIE TO CHALLENGE ME? ME, MELTDOWN, THE MIGHTY AND MERCILESS???? He roared. I guess he was mad at me. I instantly realized

this wasn’t going to be easy. He lashed his tentacles at me. I also saw that anger had clouded his judgment. Hmm. Maybe it will be easy. I quickly lifted my double- fire

blaster, but a huge tentacle whipped around it and snatched it out of my hand.

“I WAS HOPING THEY’D SEND STORMER HIMSELF TO DEAL WITH ME!!!YOU WILL PAY FOR THEIR ARROGANCE!!!! I JUST MAY LEAVE

THIS COURT,” He shouted, “IF YOU CAN DEFEAT… ME.”

No comments: