Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tulips

 Tulips, beautiful tulips!


I used to not particularly care for tulips. 

Then I realized I really loved white tulips - so simple, so beautiful.

Then I fell in love with the fluffy pink and white double tulips Angelique...



And then I recognized that stripes and flames were really quite lovely...

 And then I discovered multi-branched bouquet tulips....


But then I came to my senses and knew that those tulips with shimmering overlays of different colors (like the ones in the bottom picture) were the epitome of beauty.

And then one Spring I woke up to the fact that I just love tulips.

Surprise!
While I am loving the tulips this year,  it's a bit disconcerting to find in the archives a similar post from April 29th last year!!  We really are 4 weeks ahead of our usual Spring!

No comments: