Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gospel Desserts: Week 5 and Palm Sunday

The fifth Sunday of Lent had the Gospel where Jesus says, "unless the grain of wheat dies, it can not bear fruit."  I was still thinking about this, but then we got the call to go to the hospital and I left the dessert in Klenda's capable hands.

She made a marbled pound cake using wheat flour!

Plus she made a wheat design on top...


And then, for Palm Sunday, she made a Tiramisu cake, decorated with a palm.

Since Tiramisu means "pick me up" that works for the donkey carrying Jesus, too!

Plus it has to be the most delicious cake I've ever had.  If I had realized it was going to be that good, I'd have had her save it for Easter!

I'll try to type up the recipe later, but it was actually a (box) yellow cake made with coffee, infused with a coffee vanilla syrup and layered with cream cheese frosting.

No comments: