Friday, May 16, 2008

What is the Collective Noun for Roses?


A bunch? A bouquet? How about an extravagance of roses?

I always wanted to live in a house covered with roses, but I figured our north facing house was a lost cause. My house is now covered with 4 Zephrine Drouhin roses (you are only seeing 1 1/2 of them in this picture). They will bloom on the shady north side, they grow to about 15 feet, they are reasonably disease resistant, they are thornless and they bloom like this in the May and late September with a few blossoms the rest of the summer. Did I mention they have a fabulous rose and raspberry fragrance?

5 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Wow! I may have to try some of those on our "North Side"...they are lovely!

Unknown said...

Bouquet

Unknown said...

Yes bouquet

Unknown said...

Bouquet

Unknown said...

Bunch is the answer