Thursday, March 24, 2016

Finishing Up Lent

 This wasn't the Lent I thought it would be!

That's not a bad thing, even though losing 4 weeks to being sick wasn't super fun.  In fact, when things that I can't control  change my plans,I see it more as the hand of God in my life. 

This was the Lent He wanted us to have, and I'm guessing He knew batter than I did what we needed to get closer to Him!

 Certainly the sacrifice bean jar got filled up quickly!

The kids did a tremendous amount of extra care and work to help those of us who were sick.  I feel very loved!

I also got more spiritual reading done than I thought.  I am on Canto 30 of Paradiso, so it looks like I'll finish The Divine Comedy just in time for Easter. 

I also read a lot of little things: another scriptural Rosary book, the little Lectio passages on the daily Gospel from iDoms, and Black Book reflections on the Lenten Gospels.
We finished the virtues and the Corporal Works of Mercy, but I think we'll save the Spiritual Works of Mercy for Eastertide.

We missed virtually every Gospel Dessert!

My big plan for more daily Mass... didn't happen!  My plan to attend all of the parish mission turned into missing every aspect of the parish mission.

My hope for attending Triduum services is fading.

And it's all okay.  It's better than okay!  I'm where God wants me to be, and it's a very good place. 

It's so easy for me to waste time trying to give God what I want to give Him, instead of what He wants from me. Having peace and joy here is a beautiful gift from my Valentine Lent!

No comments: