Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Saw the Pope!


Zorg jumped up and down, punched the air and yelled, "I saw the Pope! And he blessed me!"

And he did, too!

The Emperor and I took Mxyl, Klenda, and Zorg, and we, along with a few (thousand) of our closest friends, got to see the Holy Father.

We stood on the bottom steps of the Basilica near the Dominican friars (we're Dominicans too!). The friars had a big sign "The Dominicans love the Holy Father" and , when the pope saw it, he smiled, rolled down his window, and blessed us!

You've probably seen the details of his visit on TV, but actually being in his presence, even briefly, was extraordinary. There is such a sense of his gentleness and his delight in the people of God. What a gift!

A huge thank you to my dear friend, Betsy, for the ticket!

No comments: