Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Madness Continues


When we started the floor project, we knew it was going to be big.

We knew it would take us three days to get everything off the main floor (or packed into the main floor bathrooms!).

We got it done on schedule, despite the fact that our main floor AC died immediately before we started moving furniture.

We even had enough of the afternoon left to paint the dining room, living room, hall and home school room.

What we did not know was that the professional who was supposed to be doing the actual refinishing would bail on us 12 hours before he was supposed to start...

 Which meant we ended up doing the actual refinishing ourselves!

On the one hand, this is the third time we've done our own floors, so we knew we could do it, on the other hand, we were 15 years younger the last time we did this!

Also, the first sander we rented was defective.

But we did do it, even if it took us a few extra days.

We can do it!
Somewhere in the middle of hauling sanders, Zorg told me I looked like Rosie the Riveter, and wanted to take a picture.

It reminded me that it was a great team project, and a great way for our kids to see us tackle a big project, and for them to help the family in a concrete way.

I've had a few friends tell me they "could never do that."  I think one reason it didn't occur to me that I couldn't was that my own parents were never afraid to jump into the deep end.  Their philosophy was that if you didn't know how to do something, you should figure it out and try it!


No comments: